Microsoft – Update Links & Support info, for Excel
Microsoft Update Links
Individual Excel Updates (for older MS Excel apps):
Microsoft Technical Support
- for Windows 2007 and 2010 Solution Center
- In the US, call (800-642-7676).
- Visit Office for Mac 2011 Solution Center
- In the US, call (866) 474-4882. In Canada, call (800) 936-8479.
Microsoft (Office 365) Troubleshoot Links
- Excel not responding, freezes or stops working. Also, here’s another Microsoft Crashing and not responding help page.
- Repair a corrupted workbook for Office 2013/2016.
- This may be necessary if one of the internal files needed to function a specific aspect of Excel becomes damaged, deleted or corrupted during a brutal shutdown, for example.
- Recover a corrupted workbook
- If Microsoft Excel detects a corrupted workbook when opening, it initiates File Recovery mode and then attempts to repair the file. If File Recovery mode doesn’t start, try using this manual process to recover your file.
- Automatically Save a backup of your workbook
- With a backup copy of your TJS file, you’ll always have access to your TJS even if your workbook is deleted mistakenly, or if it becomes corrupted.
- Automatically create a recovery file at set intervals
- A recovery file also helps to ensure you have access to your data if your TJS is deleted mistakenly, or if it becomes corrupted.
- Microsoft Office 365 Fix It
- If your Office 365 or Excel (2013, 2016) is not working correctly, try restarting it to see if the problem is fixed. If not, try repairing it with Microsoft’s “Fix it” tool.
- Uninstall Office 2013 / 2016 or Office 365 from a Windows computer.
- When all other solutions have been exhausted, or none exist, it’s best to fully uninstall Office/Excel 2013 from your computer, wiping it clean of all potentially corrupted files that may be left on your Windows set-up. – Click the link to have Microsoft do this for you.
- Office 365 frequently asked questions.
- Applies to Excel 2013, 2016, Office 365
Microsoft (Excel 2010) Troubleshoot Links
- Excel 2010 Fix It
- If your Excel (2010) is not working correctly, try restarting it to see if the problem is fixed. If not, try repairing it with Microsoft’s “Fix it” tool.
Microsoft “Defender” Anti-virus
- Anti-virus, free from Microsoft
Posted in: Troubleshoot